SCARF ON HANDBAG A CANVAS FOR ART

Silk scarves are traced back to Ancient Egypt, with Queen Nefertiti, weaving silk scarves in her headdresses. 

When I was a kid we wore scarves as bandanas, and headbands, around our waist, and on our wrists. When I got married back in the 80's I started collecting vintage scarves and amassed a large collection. 


I sold some of my collection of vintage scarves and handbags years ago to purchase alternative designs.

I felt then, and still do, that scarves are one of the most understated accessory items ever created which is why I have collected them.


If you love Roman Holiday or Breakfast at Tiffany’s, as I do you will undoubtedly notice the scarves Audy Hepburn wore. Scarves are my go-to as they immediately provide a luxurious look. 

They are beautiful when draped and the perfect way to dress up any outfit! They looked striking when paired with a solid print blouse, dress, or jacket. They can also dress up a basic T-shirt.  Another added bonus is they bring color to the face - they can help provide warmth and hide flaws.

Winters here can be bitter! I appreciate a scarf's warmth and have surgery scars to hide. Scar tissues contracts and my scars appear more noticeable (darker )  when cold so wearing a scarf of any color, style, or fabric aids in shielding my scars.


Most of the designs  I select are boldly colored with geometric patterns, animal prints, and exotic floral displays. Lately, though, I find myself drawn to the ones whose style is based on original impressionist paintings. I am leaning toward the scarves that depict Impressionist Artist Berthe Morisol's work because I  adore her unusual figuration in Impressionism to abstraction.

Scarves are timeless and they just make you feel good every time you wear them. 


Thanks for reading today! Scarves are popular accessories in Italy. Do you think scarves are making a comeback in America?