SAY YES TO FLORALS


Last month I purchased some items and most of them had one thing in come - a cheerful pattern!

I'm constantly going out to the garden to see if I have any more flowers in bloom so that may be in part why I say yes to FLORALS.

Well, it's that. But truly I was selecting items for my Mother and she also has a fondness for FLORALS.

Floral prints are believed to have originated in the East and appeal to many who have a  love of nature and gardening!  Top image courtesy of Tamara Bellis

If you study art or frequent any museums you will see centuries-old portraits depicting floral fashions which were created by hand using embroidery, painting, or weaving.

Floral subjects are the highlight of many themed fashion shows as they can be designed darker or lighter.

The Textiles and Clothing Museum collection has had lovely exhibitions titled Garden Party: Textiles and Clothing Inspired by Nature. 

Florals are a mainstay in many wardrobes - mine included!

You know how much I love scarves. Well, Ohio Artist, Susan Skove has been painting wearable silk and wall pieces. She produces scarf paintings which have been carried and sold at Nordstrom's, the William Morris Gallery in London, the Chicago Botanical Society, the Toledo Museum of Art, Cleveland Museum of Art, New York Museum of Art and Design, Grand Rapids Museum of Art, and many fine clothing stores in the United States. And her one-of-a-kind scarves compliment designers such as Eileen Fisher, Layfayette 128, and Yansi Fugel.  

Since spring, I  have been obsessing over summer dresses! This image is a lovely feminine pattern and would work for a garden party, spring wedding, bridal or baby shower, or a stroll along the beach. 

The majority of my free-flowing attire contains a floral print which is not only comfy but perfect for a vacation or a night out on the town. And if I get too cold I can always put on a wrap, cardigan, blazer, or jacket. 

Many floral patterns now come in lightweight materials such as linen and these materials are completely wrinkle resistant so they travel very well!