ROLL THE DICE



Like many people, I love decorating, thrifting, and DIY  projects. A portion of my time this summer has been spent inside the house surfing the net to see what other budget-savvy bloggers are talking about when they go thrifting.

Here in the Midwest, we have chillier fall days and I dress in lots of layers and warm boots. Often, I do more coordinating than matching so purchase thrift items to make it work. 

I see some bloggers mention how they are able to purchase their items per pound. I have not personally come across this type of sale but I did run into a really great deal just recently that was both surprising and interesting to me and thought I would pass it along to you.

My husband and I popped into a thrift shop and I searched around and I came up with a few items I liked that I thought I could pair up with an old Coach purse I'd purchased years ago.

I ended up selecting some forever pieces and the surprising thing is, when I went to the counter to pay for them I was informed by the clerk, "Roll the dice, and whatever it lands on will give you an additional percentage off:"

Well with the roll of the dice, a 4 appeared. My already discounted items were discounted an additional 20 percent. 

So what did I come away with?

Karen Scott Blazer

Sonoma Life and Style Poncho

Worthington White Turtle Neck

Habands Thermal King Double-Zip Boots

I hope this gives you some inspiration for your own closet and maybe you can pop in a thrift store or 2 to see what surprises are in store for you!