SELF PAMPERING DAY



Engaging in a self-care routine helps improve my energy. So, I take some basic steps to set aside some me time and pamper myself. 

I start the bath water and add some Dr. Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Soak, Therapeutic, Fragrance-Free, I typically do this after a workout or to help me with any Arthritis pain and swellings. 

While the tub is filling up, I apply my facial cleanser. About once a week I'll use a facial dry brush or apply my brown sugar scrub.  

Brown Sugar Scrub

1 tablespoon brown sugar powder, 2 teaspoons of honey, and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix these together and apply and then thoroughly wash it off.

For my soak, I use a Luxury Milk Soap, Lait Shea Butter Milk Soap (The Scottish Fine Soaps Company).  I find it to be a rich soap that smells amazing and laters well. It doesn't dry out my skin like some soaps do. 

After I towel off, I generally apply some lotion and then spray on some perfume. Right now I am really liking the scent of English Laundry No. 7. I think of it as being quite elegant. According to the description," English Laundry No. 7 has notes of sparkling pear, jasmine, melon, and apricot. Gardenia, blooming jasmine, and toasted almonds are composed together as the middle notes. Adding beautiful depth to this fragrance, sandalwood, vanilla crème, and musk are added to the base notes."

After I spray it on, I put on my  Gilligan & O'Malley robe. It's not a premium fabric as it is 100% Polyester. However, the fabric feels cool to the touch and the print brings me joy.

I love caramel and butterscotch teas and Bigelow Salted Caramel Black Tea hits the spot. While the tea is brewing, I spritz my pillow with some Chamomile Pillow Mist by Provence Beaty.

When my tea is done I get in the freezer and get out my jade roller.  I have a lot of scar tissue and find the roller does a decent job of assisting with lymphatic drainage in my face and neck. When done, I'm relaxed and turn in for the night.




Aromatherapy uses scented oils and smells to provoke certain moods or feelings. By having a scent you enjoy in your bathroom, you can promote relaxation. 



Thanks for checking out my self-pampering day! 


What do you do to ensure you pamper yourself!