ANASTASIA OF BEVERLY HILLS LIPSTICKS




Looking at my blog I see that I mention that if I wear any makeup it is usually lip balm or lipstick. 


As a rule, makeup experts recommend tossing used lipstick and glosses after one to two years as one must consider the possibility of bacterial growth. When stored under optimal conditions, unopened lipstick can last a while. This generally entails a cool shady area away from temperatures that might cause it to soften. 

I  used my refrigerator for lipstick storage for this limited edition set from Anastasia of Beverly Hills. Actually, I'd gone many years before trying any of Anastasia's products. I don't have an excuse as to why this occurred - but it did. 

This limited edition set caught my attention because it listed some medium peach semi-matte finish colors. I typically like a peach color on me so purchased the set. When opened, I admit,  I quickly went through the colors listed as Staycation and Spirit.


I made my way over to Rose Gold which I have on in the image at the top of this posting.

Rose Gold is a medium coral and the coverage is pretty even. The warm undertones are apparent due to the gold flecks and pink micro-glitter in it. The consistency is similar to many lipsticks with glitter in that your lips feel dryer after application. Due to my thyroid condition, I frequently struggle with dry chapped lips.  I often place a balm on overtop to moisten and that slightly changes the shade. 

The thing I do like about these Anatasia lipsticks is they have decent staying power- this one lasted for hours.