ALAN BLAUSTEIN ART

If there’s one thing I love about home and interiors it is getting to decorate as we see fit. 

Artwork helps us express our personality, interests, and passions. It provides character and enriches our home's environment. 

A beautiful print, or a beautiful painting, is among one of the most important elements to furnish our homes.
 
You can find paintings, posters, and prints ranging from movies to black and white reproductions, or nature and travel-themed photos. Choosing often involves careful consideration as there are a vast array of options that inspire us in a favorable way.

Our home is always a work in progress but we have our ideas and have been executing them over the years. I want our home to be a place of comfort, and relaxation. and warmth. To ensure the flow of our style throughout the house I selected images that speak to us. 

One of the things I liked the most is mixing different styles throughout our home and using prints of black and white photographs as well as paintings and lithographs to adorn the walls but I needed to think clearly about how many and what type to have. The placement of one or more prints within the room is not a step to be underestimated.

I begin by looking at the space and measuring the right distance.

 Then I need to take into consideration the space between frames before making a purchase.

Typically, I cut some large pieces of paper into the size of whatever I want to hang in position and secure these to the wall with painter's tape. When I have the paper where I want it, I do a happy dance as I now have a  template for the frame size. (If you find you need help there are plenty of shops available that will you with a hanging plan and instructions.)

After making the selection, comes the part where I purchase the item and finally hang them which is another task where mounting brackets are to be considered.

What do I choose? 

I had an empty section on one of the walls and given my love of landscapes I decided on a couple of fabulous black and white images that  are quite popular
Being the frugal person, I am, my search took a while. I searched Antique Malls and Consignment Shops and managed to find the right combination suitable for the space.  I selected gold-framed images of Castelfranco Veneto and Villa Contarini by Alan Blaustein.

Alan Blaustein’s has a wide range of experience producing location and publication projects. His black and white photographs of European scenes are a reflection of the European Union and speak to me. I am drawn to the lighting, deep depth of field, and magnificent sweeping views in his stunning scenery and beautiful landscapes.
 

Blaustein's photos, prints, and lithographs capture the world from his unique perspective. His images are depicted in many gallery exhibitions and if you search around you might just find them in a few shops close to home.