THRIFT STORE HAULS AND KENNETH KOLE BAGS


















I've been adding new and vintage pieces to my wardrobe. And, some of you have contacted me asking about my hauls so I thought it would be easier to reach you all by posting about them here.

We have a lot of thrift stores and consignments shops within a few hours of us. These shops house new and gently worn clothing as well as household items. Prior to heading out shopping, I make a list of what I'm searching for. It was with these shops in mind that I created and purchased the majority of items on this list.

1.Medium weight winter peacoat

2. Quilted jacket

3.  Tan or camel-colored blazer

4.  Jewelry, earrings, or necklaces

5.  Sunglasses

6.  Black Handbag

7. Skincare and/or Lip gloss (new)


After stops in 4 small towns, I purchased the things on my list. Here's a look at my hauls.

Once November comes around, a winter coat is a must. I purchased the Faded Glory Houndstooth winter coat.  The coat appears to have little wear. At $7.00, the price tag seemed more than reasonable.

I like that the black and gray peacoat is a medium-weight houndstooth and it comes down lower than some of the other peacoats I've owned. I appreciate that it has a detachable hood and the pockets are deep enough my cell phone will easily slide into one.
















I'm a long-time fan of Kenneth Cole bags. For years, I'd owned a Kenneth Cole faux leather bookbag. It was very sturdy and held my books and a ton of other items. It went everywhere with me for a long time and then I sold it 

Today, I decided to add the black handbag to my list of purchases. I spent a little more on it but to me, it is worth it. I'm sure it will last me a good, long while. I have a thing for handbags and have owned and sold many over the years. Some I wish I'd held onto.













I'm often cold (a side effect of my thyroid issue)  and wearing a blazer or jacket overtop of my shirt helps keep my shoulders warm. The Briggs New York camel-colored blazer was under $5. I will wear it as a neutral and it'll work well with my black shirt and pants or I'll pair it with some jeans and boots. 

Last year, quilted clothing was a big trend for the runaways.  Where we live, it is beneficial to dress in layers in fall-winter. I purchased the Christopher & Banks Blue Quilted Jacket with a corduroy collar. The jacket I find to be comfortable and the oversized pockets I like as I can fit my cell phone on one side and keys on another. 

Aviator sunglasses have been around since the '30s. I'd scratched my last pair of Aviator Sunglasses rather badly so was happy to find blue ones. I tend to go with the mirror and gradient-mirror lenses as they help to hide my glasses which I wear underneath. I know it's not a perfect idea. But, it allows me to keep out the sun and still see well. And at $1.00 these were a bargain.

I'm finding a lot of women over 50 posting about how they have statement pieces of jewelry in their wardrobes. When I was young I chose my jewelry, by color, so as to compliment my outfits. But in the past 20 years, I admit, I have probably worn more silver hoop earrings than anything else with my outfits.

While scouring aisles at the thrift stores,  I made it a point to shop for more necklaces.  












Pearls are said to symbolize many things. I personally like pearls because I feel they look classy against the dark blouses I wear. I have a few strands of faux rope pearls and will happily add these. My favorite way to wear pearls is bunched and layered so I purchased these two necklaces for $1.00 each.

As I wrote in a previous post, I spend more money on skincare than makeup. On my way back from thrifting, I couldn't resist stopping in at Marshall's. You can find many major beauty brands there. On this trip, I purchased the Retinol A cream and the Buttercream lip gloss from Butter London.

Thanks for reading today! I enjoy your emails and comments! Do you shop from lists- what bargains have you found?