CALVIN KLEIN POWDER BLUE CASHMERE

There are many good things that come from aging. Among them are having fun with styling and being less tempted by trends.  While I am aware of the pressures of fashion, I am also aware Americans discard around 80 pounds of clothing each year with 85 percent going to landfills. 

Many of us recognize the importance of re-using what we own or purchasing preowned items. 

It is beginning to get chilly around here so  I've been investing in some pieces of outerwear and trying to be mindful with my consumption. Instead of going the traditional route of black, beige, gray, or white coats.

 I recently purchased this attractive powder blue Cashmere fabrication from an American fashion house, Calvin Klein, which was established a few years after I was born.

Though Calvin Klein is often recognized for designer jeans and its underwear collection, I find I am most fascinated by its selections of coats.  

This one has a Single-breasted silhouette and it looks way more expensive than it was. I like the straight hemline with a back vent and it has an easy three-button closure and side welt pockets.

On this day, I  teamed it with my leopard print scarf, black leggings, and boots. In addition to it being soft, it has space so I am able to can add multiple layers underneath.

I must tell you I grew up in a household that appreciated wool and thought of Cashmere as the top of the line as it is so soft. 

Cashmere is a type of wool that is made from the hair of a certain type of goat native to the Gobi Desert and Central Asia/

While I have a Cashmere coat on,  is also available in sweaters, scarves, and other items. 

It is definitely true that animal fibers like wool have gone out of fashion due to animal rights concerns,  but at this time I have found no suitable synthetic alternative that compares to cashmere.

Thankfully, brands are rethinking the process of finding a more sustainable approach to making cashmere.

This blog's top audience this month is from the United States, Romania, India, Germany, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Philippines, Argentina, and Belgium.

Thanks for checking out this posting! I enjoy reading all your emails and comments. Do you still own Cashmere items? And if so, which is your favorite?