SKINCARE


I am not going to lie to you.  I spend a lot of time with a natural face and just a hint of lipstick and as I've aged, I've stepped up my skincare regimen.  

For anyone suffering from any type of hormonal issues, you may recognize the need for change or have already made one. 

Estrogen plays a prominent role in our skin health - collagen production, skin healing, hydration, and thickness. And Iodine triggers cellular function and helps repair skin.  

When the doctors have needed to adjust my levels of Synthroid, I usually first notice it on my skin. I look in the mirror and recognize how dull my skin becomes. I can assure you that I don't want that faded gray appearance or the more than usual puffy face/neck or the dry, flaking, skin.

To combat these possibilities, I always wear a sunscreen of SPF 50 or higher, do a facial technique known as lymphatic drainage, and take the prescribed medication.

My skincare routine looks like this: I cleanse any makeup off my face and then I typically apply a serum. I use my hands, a jade roller, or spa sciences device to slide the serum over my skin.  The serum helps to reduce any pulling on my skin and helps my skin be more hydrated. The key to the technique is to make sure you are gliding and pushing trapped fluid toward the lymph nodes. 

I love to try different skincare products and use a number of different brands for different things. When purchasing skincare, I tend to gravitate to no scents or a mint scent with the exception of the Day logic brand  I own which smells likes Roses and has Peony extract in it. Photo of some of the Skin Care Brands I have nearby.