HOUNDSTOOTH DOUBLE-BREASTED BLAZER

I was reading the Institute of Beauty and Wellness article on Why We Wear Black and the author lists that 85% of their wardrobe is black. I have to admit that up till just recently my percentage of black attire was much higher than that. 

At times my Mom has asked "Can't you find anything a little more colorful to wear? I mean, really, it seems all I ever see you in is black. " My mom definitely speaks her mind. When this occurs, I simply tell her in a very pleasant tone that it is up to me what I find to have value and quality. I tell her that the different textures I wear are classy and that black makes me feel good. And then remind her that I've reviewed the studies on clothing that show what you wear can affect your cognition,  mood, and performance. At which point, Mom generally shakes her head as if what I say is nonsense. I accept this knowing that her closet is filled with pastels. Oddly enough, many of them were purchased by me

So, why is it that I buy my mom pastels and not myself?

I expect it is because I appreciate black and wear it as a neutral color where beige is her neutral. 

Last week, my husband and I took a trip out of town. We popped into a shop and I stepped inside the door and was warmly greeted by the clerk. I had planned to look for another pair of jeans but a black blazer on an endcap caught my attention. I picked it up and tried it on, thinking it would go well with the black knee-high boots I had recently purchased. 

I turned to show my husband the black blazer and he had a pink houndstooth blazer in his hand. He asked, "Why not try this one?" Needless to say, I tried on the pink blazer and added it to my wardrobe. 


Thanks for reading! Mom did like the pink houndstooth blazer on me. I would love it if you send me an email or leave me a comment.  I really want to put out content that you are interested in reading!