MAKEUP


MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP

I need a no-nonsense approach to makeup and  I've found less is usually better!

I’m often asked what makeup products I use every day. I like to test new products and combinations to see what works best for me.

My natural complexion is pale and rosy, and I have some red blotchiness which is aggravated by dryness with an occasional blemish popping up here and there. 

My eyelashes and eyebrows are dark, so,  I use both high-end and low-end cosmetics and have included these in my reviews.

My Everyday Makeup: beauty recommendations would be for fair-skinned complexions.


What I Use: UPDATE 2022

MY DAILY MOISTURIZER 

I have been using AZURE 24 K Gold & Collagen Firming Day Cream. It is lightweight, not greasy, smells decent and I love the way it feels on my skin. Plus it keeps my skin from becoming dry and flaky.

I’ve been using this Vitamin E and recently switched. I get dry, itchy, and flaky skin and this takes care of it with very little product used. I usually just dab it around my face and blend it in with my fingers. This cream is super lightweight and feels luxurious. It absorbs quickly. I apply it at least five minutes before applying my makeup so it has time to absorb into my skin.

When I need something more serious for rough spots. I opt for heavier coverage and go with Dermasil. Dermisil has, occlusives, humectant, skin lipids, and EFA's, I've found a tiny bit goes a long way. I truly don't spend much on a moisturizer. Instead, when it comes to skincare, I save my money to spend it on serums.  Prior to 2022, I was using  Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream  


MY FOUNDATION

What I Use: ZOEVA

I’ve sampled countless foundations over the years and recently I have been trying out ZOEVA.  Prior to this, I was using Becca which had been owned by Estée Lauder since 2016 and is discontinued. 

Smashbox did independently select some Becca products to carry such as an under-eye corrector and a highlighter. I am still searching for a foundation to provide me with the coverage Becca had and have been

Drug Store Alternative: 

I'd been using  L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation foundation for years and it was discontinued so my backup is Almay Age Essentials Foundation. is silky and it goes on smoothly and evenly and looks natural.  My skin is sometimes sensitive and I find I do not break out with Almay like I do with many other products.


MY LIP BALM


What I Use: Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm 

The winters here in the Midwest can get terribly harsh and the summers are often hot and humid so I always carry a lip balm in my pocket as well as my purse and I moisturize my lips throughout the day. I like that Burt's Bees contains responsibly sourced beeswax and peppermint oil.  It’s non-greasy and feels natural on my lips.


CONCEALER

What I Use: Almay Smart Shade Concealer

I’m new to using concealer.  As I age, I am noticing more issues with dark circles under my eyes. To combat these issues, I have been trying to add more light to my eyes. I put some light dabs over my problem areas and pat it in. This coverage is very thin. A drawback I've found with this concealer is it doesn't cover all the darkness.


What I Use: BLUSH


Typically I wear lipstick on my cheeks. I just blend some cream color lipsticks to the shade I want on the back of my hand and then apply them to my cheeks. This stays on better than most blushes.  I then add a little highlighter to shimmer on top.


 LIPSTICK Cream

What I Use: Bobby Brown Crushed Lip Color,  MAC Love me Lipstick, Anastasia of Beverly Hills, and Mary Kay

I've been hooked on these lipstick brands. I wear lipstick when I don't wear anything else at all on my face and these add good color to my lips that don't smear on my teeth. Plus I sometimes add them to my cheeks when I want the blush effect.

 LIPSTICK Liquid

What I Use: Stila and  Anastasia of Beverly Hills

I love the fact that these are matte and have staying power. The drawbacks I experience are a bit of transfer or patchy spots.  The best way I've found to apply them is to exfoliate my lips. I usually make up my own exfoliant- a mix of brown sugar and coconut oil. Once this is done, I  prime prior to a light application of the liquid. Even with this, I find the liquid builds upon my lips and I have to remind myself not to chew it off.

MY HIGHLIGHTER

What I Use: Stila Heaven's Hue Highlighter 

I like a little shimmer so wear this icy opal shade, on my cheeks and in the corners of my eyes. It doesn’t add much color, but it does catch the light well. 

Drug Store Alternative; I also wear Rimmel Instant Strobing Highlighter in Pink Glow and  L'Oreal Infallible Galaxy Stick as I like the radiant, dewy, glow.

MY EYESHADOW PALETTE

What I Use: Revolution Wild Animal Courage

This leopard print with the classy 18 brown, copper,  gold, olive, and burgundy shades caught my attention so I've been using it a while.  It offers high pigmentation and plenty of sparkles. The palette resembles Huda Beauty Rose Gold Remastered Palette or Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Eyeshadow Palette.

MY MASCARA

I think the key for me to making my lashes appear long is to make sure I curl them first. I am no good with falsies, so have to use mascara that extends my natural lashes. This stuff is buildable so I layer for extra length and volume. I apply the mascara, horizontally to my upper lid, and hold the wand in a verticle direction to the lashes on my lower lid.I've been using Rimmel recently.


MY FACIAL CLEANSER

Cera'Ve

This is my daily facial cleanser. I love that this cleanser is gentle and removes stubborn makeup. 

 I change up products often. If you have any questions about my routine please ask